Hot cross bun spiced gin
- March 2021
- Makes 500ml
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus infusing
Now here’s an Easter gift that will be warmly received by most adults: a hot cross bun spiced gin infused with spiced flavours. Enjoy!
It’s as nice for sipping as it is to slip into your cooking – experiment with gin jellies, whip it into butter to spread on toast, or even make an adaptation of this roasted plums recipe using your hot cross bun gin.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2g (2g sugars)
- 500ml London dry gin
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp mixed dried fruit
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cloves
- Edible gold or silver glitter (optional)
You’ll also need
- 500ml bottle, sterilised
- Put the gin, vanilla, dried fruit, spices and, if using, glitter in the bottle, seal and shake well. Leave in a cool dark place for at least 1 week to infuse (see Make Ahead).
- Serve freezer-cold, martini-style (as pictured) or add ice and top up with ginger beer for a longer drink.
For sterilising know-how, watch our how to sterilise jars video.
Make up to a month before serving. The opened gin will keep for up to a month.
Rate & review