Hot smoked trout with Provençale vinaigrette
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This easy smoked trout recipe is perfect served on gem lettuce and bread, finished with a Provencale vinaigrette.
- 21.6g (3.5g saturated)
- 42.4g (4.7g sugar)
- 8 thick slices country bread
- 2 heads Little Gem lettuce
- 200g hot-smoked trout (from the chiller cabinet in supermarkets)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 25g pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Toast the bread slices until just golden and divide between 4 plates. Break the lettuce heads into separate leaves, wash, dry, then put a handful on top of each slice of toast. Break the trout up into large chunks and drop on top of the leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, diced tomato, tomato paste, onion, olives and dill. Season well, taste and add the sugar, if necessary.
- Spoon the dressing over the trout and around the bread to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Grilled trout, bacon and almond salad
A quick and easy grilled trout recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
Pan-fried sea trout with watercress, pea shoots and mint sauce
Pink sea trout and vibrant spring greens make this quick and easy fish recipe look...