Hot smoked trout with Provençale vinaigrette
- October 2006
- 8 thick slices country bread
- 2 heads Little Gem lettuce
- 200g hot-smoked trout (from the chiller cabinet in supermarkets)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 25g pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Toast the bread slices until just golden and divide between 4 plates. Break the lettuce heads into separate leaves, wash, dry, then put a handful on top of each slice of toast. Break the trout up into large chunks and drop on top of the leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, diced tomato, tomato paste, onion, olives and dill. Season well, taste and add the sugar, if necessary.
- Spoon the dressing over the trout and around the bread to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...