Hot-smoked trout with cucumber and dill salad
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This is a great fish supper if you fancy something light, fresh and an alternative to the more common smoked salmon. The cucumber pickle has a great zing to it.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 cucumber
- ½ small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 hot smoked trout fillets
- Boiled new potatoes and a dollop of mayonnaise, to serve
- Halve and deseed the cucumber and thinly slice into half moons. In a large bowl, toss the cucumber slices with fresh dill, caster sugar and rice wine vinegar.
- Serve the salad with the trout fillets, broken into pieces, some hot buttered new potatoes and a dollop of mayonnaise.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Steamed brown trout with vegetables poached in white wine
Chef Adam Byatt shares a beautiful trout recipe poached in white wine with dill, star...
Buttered sea trout and prawn pots with dill and soda bread toast
Instead of potted shrimp, how about this? A sea trout and prawn pot recipe, topped...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...