Hot toffee mangoes
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
The sweetness of the mangoes is brought to the fore in this deliciously sticky, simple dish.
- 5.7g (1.8 saturated)
- 32.8g (31g sugar)
- 75g caster sugar
- Knob of butter
- 2 ripe mangoes, skinned, stoned and cut lengthways into wedges
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the sugar until it starts to melt and turn golden. Add the butter and mango wedges (take care as the mixture may spatter) and cook for a couple of minutes until the mango is nicely coated in the sugary syrup.
- Add the orange zest and juice, then simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot with a sprinkling of pistachios and some vanilla ice cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mango dessert recipes
Mango baked in coconut sugar and kaffir lime with coconut ice cream
”This is a great end to a spicy meal. It makes more ice cream than...