Hot toffee mangoes
- May 2011
- 75g caster sugar
- Knob of butter
- 2 ripe mangoes, skinned, stoned and cut lengthways into wedges
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the sugar until it starts to melt and turn golden. Add the butter and mango wedges (take care as the mixture may spatter) and cook for a couple of minutes until the mango is nicely coated in the sugary syrup.
- Add the orange zest and juice, then simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot with a sprinkling of pistachios and some vanilla ice cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mango dessert recipes
Mango baked in coconut sugar and kaffir lime with coconut ice cream
”This is a great end to a spicy meal. It makes more ice cream than...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...