Irish coffee with Baileys cream
- January 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This Irish coffee recipe uses Baileys, and puts a modern twist on a classic dessert drink. It has rich aromas of vanilla balancing the bite of quality Irish whiskey…
- 142ml carton double cream
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Freshly made-up coffee
- 4 measures Irish whiskey
- 4 tsp dark muscovado sugar
- Whip the cream with the sugar, vanilla seeds and Baileys, until thick but not stiff.
- Put a metal teaspoon into each serving glass and fill with boiling water. Leave for a few minutes to warm the glasses. Make up the fresh coffee.
- Pour away the water and add a measure of Irish whiskey and 1 teaspoon dark muscovado sugar to each glass. Fill just over three-quarters full with the coffee and stir. Spoon the cream over the back of another spoon straight onto the hot coffee to give a thick layer.
Rate & review