Spiced coffee and pecan mince pies
- December 2007
- 375g sheet fresh ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, at room temperature
- 50g marzipan, cut into 24 pieces
- ½ x 411g jar mincemeat
- 24 pecan halves
For the Maya Gold coffee
- Freshly brewed coffee, made with 1.5 litres boiling water
- 25g Green & Black’s Maya Gold chocolate, chopped
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 142ml carton double cream
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Unroll the pastry and use a fluted cutter to stamp out 24 x 6cm circles. Use to line 2 x 12-hole mini bun tins. Roll each piece of marzipan into a ball and press gently into each pastry case, flattening slightly.
- Add a teaspoon of mincemeat to each and bake for 10 minutes. Top each with a pecan half and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Remove and cool slightly on a wire rack while you make the coffee.
- Mix the coffee and chocolate together, until the chocolate has melted, then stir in the brandy. Pour into 8 coffee mugs. Gently whip the cream, sugar and cinnamon to soft peaks and spoon onto each coffee. Serve with the warm mince pies.
Rate & review