Mini banoffee Baileys pies
- Makes 6
- Hands-on time 20 minutes, plus chilling
These mini pies with a hint of Baileys are just the right size for one-person making them the ideal dessert after a dinner party.
- 300g Hobnobs or other crunchy biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 200g dark chocolate chopped
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 4 tbsp (1 unit) Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 400ml jar dulce de leche caramel sauce
- Grind the biscuits in a food processor until a gravel-like consistency. Pour in the melted butter and mix again. Divide the mixture between 6 small metal tart tins with removable bases. Press hard into each one. Put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Alternatively melt it in a glass bowl suspended above a pot of gently simmering water. When melted, brush the inside of each case with the chocolate and put in the fridge for 10 minutes again.
- Toss the banana slices with the lemon juice. In a bowl, whisk the cream, vanilla paste and Baileys Original Irish Cream until soft peaks form.
- Remove the tarts from the fridge. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce into each one, top with slices of bananas and dollop 2-3 tablespoons of the cream over each. Put the remaining chocolate in a plastic food bag, snip the tip off with scissors so there is a small hole, then use to drizzle the chocolate over the top of each tart.
Rate & review