Nutella and cognac coffee cocktail
- March 2023
- Makes 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus 2 hours freezing
An Irish coffee amped up to eleven – this utterly delicious cocktail involves croissant-infused cognac and a Nutella syrup to bolster the coffee and whipped cream. Sounds very fancy, but actually very simple.
Try this ‘Sharon’s breakfast’ cocktail on the menu at Bottle + Rye in Brixton. It’s the creation of bar manager Sharon Carrara.
- 36g (20.8g saturated)
- 23g (15.7g sugars)
- 80g croissant, chopped
- 240ml cognac
- 50g Nutella
- 25g demerara sugar
- 200ml hot coffee
- 200g double cream to serve
- Toasted coconut flakes to serve
- Put the croissant and cognac in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a freezable container, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Strain through a very fine sieve (or for an even clearer finish, through coffee filter paper) and reserve.
- Put the Nutella, sugar and 25ml water in a small saucepan and gently warm until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool.
- To make the cocktail, measure out 50ml croissant cognac and 25ml nutella syrup in each glass, then top up with 50ml hot coffee in each, stirring to combine. Put a spoon over the top of the coffee and gently pour double cream onto it (it should float on the surface of the coffee). Garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Irish cream sundae with caramelised macadamias and pretzels
Top your favourite ice cream with pretzels, caramelised macadamias and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter