Jerk chicken and mango traybake
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 30 min
We’ve used a generous helping of jerk seasoning to make this dish quite spicy! If you’re not a fan of too much heat, adjust the jerk spice accordingly.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 15.2g (8.7g saturated)
- 42g (22.5g sugars)
- 4 large skin-on, bone-in free-range chicken thighs
- 6 tbsp jerk spice mix (we like Bart Spices – see tip)
- Small handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 450g mango pulp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 large banana shallots
- 300g cooked basmati rice
- 400g tin of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Score the chicken thighs almost through to the bone. Put in a large food bag with the jerk spice mix, a small handful of fresh thyme sprigs, 300g of mango pulp and olive oil. Seal the bag, then shake to coat the chicken.
- Peel and quarter the shallots and put in a large roasting tin. Add the chicken and marinade, mix well, then cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the cooked basmati rice and tin of black beans. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until piping hot throughout. Drizzle with the remaining mango pulp, sprinkle with the spring onions and serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over.
This has quite a spicy kick. For a more mellow heat, reduce the quantity of jerk seasoning in your marinade by half.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jerk chicken with coconut rice and peas and pineapple salsa
We’ve made this Jamaican favourite a little bit more special with a fabulous homemade jerk...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...