Lightly spiced chicken kievs
- February 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 25 minutes to cook
Feast on an easy version of the classic chicken recipe, great served with a salad and coleslaw. The spice comes from a touch of harissa in the coating, and this recipe serves two (but you can easily double).
For a more traditional version, see this chicken kiev instead.
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp softened garlic butter
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten, mixed with 1 heaped tsp harissa
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs mixed with 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Green salad and coleslaw, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slit the top of the chicken breasts to make a pocket. Stuff each pocket generously with garlic butter, and enclose tightly.
- Season the chicken breasts and dust both in plain flour, then dip in a bowl containing the egg and harissa. Finally, roll in the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Place the breaded chicken breasts on a lightly oiled baking tray and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with a green salad and coleslaw.
Try using other flavoured butters in the filling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter