Lightly spiced chicken kievs
- February 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 25 minutes to cook
Feast on an easy version of the classic chicken recipe, great served with a salad and coleslaw. The spice comes from a touch of harissa in the coating, and this recipe serves two (but you can easily double).
For a more traditional version, see this chicken kiev instead.
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp softened garlic butter
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten, mixed with 1 heaped tsp harissa
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs mixed with 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Green salad and coleslaw, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slit the top of the chicken breasts to make a pocket. Stuff each pocket generously with garlic butter, and enclose tightly.
- Season the chicken breasts and dust both in plain flour, then dip in a bowl containing the egg and harissa. Finally, roll in the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Place the breaded chicken breasts on a lightly oiled baking tray and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with a green salad and coleslaw.
Try using other flavoured butters in the filling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...