Low-fat fish parcels with creamy spring onions and chilli
- February 2005
- Serves 4 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
These fish parcels with creamy spring onions and chilli make an excellent low-fat meal and are impressive enough to serve at a dinner party.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 fish fillets, such as coley, whiting, hoki or haddock
- 12 fresh large prawns (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- chopped fresh parsley
- 8 tbs half-fat crème fraîche
- 4 tbs white wine
- Skin the fish fillets and lay each on a large piece of greaseproof paper, folded over to be twice as thick.
- Top each fillet with 3 fresh large prawns (peeled or unpeeled) and scatter with 2 sliced spring onions, 1 finely chopped red chilli and a handful of chopped fresh parsley. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon white wine over each fillet and season. Fold over each parcel and tuck in the edges to seal.
- Put on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 for 10-12 minutes until the parcel is puffed up and golden. Open at the table.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fish parcels with lemon, capers and samphire
Cooking the bream in paper parcels means it steam-cooks and takes on the flavours of...
Chicken parcels with capers, peppers and new potatoes
This quick and easy chicken recipe makes a speedy weeknight supper.