Mackerel flatbreads with pickled kohlrabi and parsley potatoes
- January 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A quick and easy way of serving mackerel, on flatbreads with pickled kohlrabi and parsley potatoes.This tasty supper is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 26g (5.2g saturated)
- 69.6g (14.5g sugars)
- 1 peeled kohlrabi
- 200ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 500g diced, unpeeled new potatoes
- 3 good gluts olive oil
- Large chopped handful fresh parsley
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 4 flatbreads
- Shred the kohlrabi into thin matchsticks. Mix the red wine vinegar, 200ml water, honey and the ginger in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the kohlrabi. Set aside to cool and pickle.
- Fry the potatoes in 3 good glugs of olive oil for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Stir through the fresh parsley and chilli, then season well.
- Meanwhile, put a pan over a high heat. Rub the mackerel fillets with olive oil and season. Fry the fillets skin-side down for 3-4 minutes, then turn over and fry for 2 minutes more. Warm 4 flatbreads, then top each one with a mackerel fillet, a spoonful of the drained kohlrabi and the parsley potatoes. Roll up to eat. Serve with a bowl of Greek yogurt, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter