Mediterranean vegetable salad
- June 2005
- for 6 people
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus cooling
This Mediterranean vegetable salad goes perfectly alongside any cooked meats or as a side at a barbecue.
Per serving: 205kcals, 17.5g fat (2.5g saturated), 3.1g protein, 8.9g carbs, 8.6g sugar, 0.1g salt
- 4 medium courgettes, thickly sliced
- 3 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- Vegetable oil, for tossing
- 2 punnets baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 bag rocket leaves
- 1 small bag baby spinach leaves
For the dressing
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Put the courgettes and peppers into a large bowl and drizzle with a little vegetable oil. Season well and toss to coat. Barbecue over a direct heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once (or cook for 8-10 minutes on a hot griddle pan, turning once). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together with plenty of seasoning.
- Add the tomatoes, rocket and spinach to the bowl with the vegetables and toss well. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well again.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Marinated courgette salad with smoked mozzarella and hazelnuts
Courgette steals the show in this summery recipe – with mozzarella and slices of sourdough...