Warm potato salad with green tahini and herb dressing
- April 2016
- Serves 4 as a side
- Hands-on time 10 min
This warm potato salad with a zesty tahini and herb dressing makes a welcome change from the classic mayo-coated version.
- 15.1g (2.2g saturated)
- 40.9g (4.9g sugars)
- 1kg jersey royals
- 25g tahini
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- Small bunch fresh mint, plus ½ tbsp, chopped, to garnish
- Small bunch fresh basil
- Zest and juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to squeeze over
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for about 25 minutes or until tender, then drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together (except the ½ tbsp chopped mint and lemon wedges) in a small food processor, or pound in a pestle and mortar, into a smooth paste.
- While the potatoes are still warm, cut them in half, then toss with the dressing and a generous pinch of salt. Scatter with the extra chopped mint, then squeeze over a little lemon juice to serve.
Make the potato salad a day ahead. Let it come to room temperature, then keep covered in the fridge. Refresh it with a little olive oil to serve, if needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter