Tomato and sweet pickled pepper salad
- September 2005
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 25 mins
This tomato and sweet pickled pepper salad recipe is so fresh and sweet with the zing of the orange dressing that it sings of summer.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4.2g (0.7g saturated)
- 8.9g (8g sugars)
- Trace salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- Juice of 1 small orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 650g assorted tomatoes, cut into wedges and chunks
- ½ x 375g jar sweet pickled peppers, drained
- Handful of small fresh basil leaves
- Put the onion, sugar and orange juice in a bowl, toss together and set aside for 15 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the onion softens. Stir in the oil.
- Toss the tomatoes, peppers, basil and onion dressing together and serve at room temperature.
If you can’t find sweet pickled peppers, use roasted red peppers in oil. You can buy jars of these in supermarkets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...