Microwaved sticky toffee pudding
- October 2005
- 100g pitted dates, chopped
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- ¾ bicarbonate of soda
- 175ml boiling water
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 75g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
For the toffee sauce
- 150g softened butter
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- Grease and base line 6 x 250ml teacups. Put dates and mixed dried fruit into a bowl with bicarbonate of soda and boiling water.
- Set aside. Cream together muscovado sugar and softened butter until fluffy. Add eggs then sift in self-raising flour. Fold in the fruit mixture.
- Divide between the teacups. Cook 3 puds at a time for 5 minutes on medium-high (750W). Leave to stand for 1 minute.
- For the toffee sauce, put softened butter, light muscovado sugar and crème fraîche into a jug and microwave for 2-3 minutes on medium high (750W), then stir.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky ginger and walnut puddings with butterscotch sauce
Like sticky toffee pudding but with extra oomph from ginger and walnuts – this is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...