Microwaved sticky toffee pudding
- October 2005
- 100g pitted dates, chopped
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- ¾ bicarbonate of soda
- 175ml boiling water
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 75g butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
For the toffee sauce
- 150g softened butter
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- Grease and base line 6 x 250ml teacups. Put dates and mixed dried fruit into a bowl with bicarbonate of soda and boiling water.
- Set aside. Cream together muscovado sugar and softened butter until fluffy. Add eggs then sift in self-raising flour. Fold in the fruit mixture.
- Divide between the teacups. Cook 3 puds at a time for 5 minutes on medium-high (750W). Leave to stand for 1 minute.
- For the toffee sauce, put softened butter, light muscovado sugar and crème fraîche into a jug and microwave for 2-3 minutes on medium high (750W), then stir.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky ginger and walnut puddings with butterscotch sauce
Like sticky toffee pudding but with extra oomph from ginger...
Fat-free sticky toffee puddings
These light sticky toffee puddings, from The Midlife Kitchen book...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter