Vegetable bake with garlic bread topping
- April 2007
- For 3-4 people
- Ready in 25 minutes
A vegetable bake recipe that uses a couple of quick shortcuts so it’s ready in under half an hour. Just right for a time-pressed weeknight.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 600g carton or tub fresh vegetable soup
- 410g can cannellini beans
- 170g fresh garlic baguette
- 75g vegetarian Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Tip vegetable soup into a saucepan. Place over a high heat, stir in cannellini beans and heat until bubbling. Season and tip into a deep, ovenproof dish, about 1.5 litres.
- In a food processor, whizz the baguette to chunky crumbs. Stir in grated Cheddar and sprinkle over the soup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Stand for a few minutes then spoon onto plates. Serve with a mixed salad.
Rate & review