Mini orange mince pies
- December 2004
- 250g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 2-3 teaspoons of orange juice
- 16 tsp mincemeat (use ready-made or see know-how)
- Icing sugar, to dust
- A shot of good whisky, to serve
- Put the plain flour and caster sugar into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture. Add the finely grated zest of the orange and orange juice. Mix and bring the mixture together to form a ball. Knead lightly, cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Grease a 16-hole mini tartlet tin. Thinly roll out the pastry. Use a 6cm fluted pastry cutter to press out 16 circles and a 4.5cm fluted pastry cutter to press out another 16 circles. Re-roll the trimmings, if necessary. Line the tin with the larger circles. Fill each with a teaspoon of mincemeat and pop the smaller pastry lids on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve with a shot of good whisky.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Almond mince pies
Emine Hassan’s almond mince pies are adapted from a family recipe, made with extra orange...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...