Mini orange mince pies
- December 2004
- Serves 8
- Less than 30 minutes
Don’t rely on shop-bought mince pies when you can make these delicious mini orange mince pies for the festive period.
- 250g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 2-3 teaspoons of orange juice
- 16 tsp mincemeat (use ready-made or see know-how)
- Icing sugar, to dust
- A shot of good whisky, to serve
- Put the plain flour and caster sugar into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture. Add the finely grated zest of the orange and orange juice. Mix and bring the mixture together to form a ball. Knead lightly, cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Grease a 16-hole mini tartlet tin. Thinly roll out the pastry. Use a 6cm fluted pastry cutter to press out 16 circles and a 4.5cm fluted pastry cutter to press out another 16 circles. Re-roll the trimmings, if necessary. Line the tin with the larger circles. Fill each with a teaspoon of mincemeat and pop the smaller pastry lids on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve with a shot of good whisky.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Almond mince pies
Emine Hassan’s almond mince pies are adapted from a family recipe, made with extra orange...