Mini Oreo banoffee pies
- February 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min, chilling time 10 min
These individual banoffee pies with an Oreo biscuit base are ideal for date night or Valentine’s Day – a sweet treat for your sweetheart.
For a romantic dessert for two whose sweetness is balanced out with a kick of coffee, make these individual tiramisú trifles.
- 75.4g (45.6g saturated)
- 49.7g (30.5g sugars)
- 100g Oreo cookies
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 banana
- 75ml thick caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- 150ml double cream
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Icing sugar to taste
- Cocoa powder to dust
- Whizz the Oreos in a food processor to fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter with the motor still running and whizz briefly until the mixture is the texture of wet sand. Divide between 2 x 12cm loose-bottomed tart tins and press into the sides. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice the banana, then put a layer of banana slices in each tart tin. Warm the caramel sauce in the microwave until just pourable, then divide between the tarts. Leave to cool. Pour the cream into a bowl, then add the cream of tartar and ½ tbsp icing sugar. Stir, taste and add more sugar if you like, but take it easy as the rest of the tart is very sweet. Whip the cream to soft peaks, then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe swirls over each tart. Or, spoon the cream on top and make swirls and peaks using the back of the spoon. Chill until needed, then serve dusted with cocoa powder.
Make the day before and chill (the cream of tartar in the whipped cream will help keep it firm). Leave out to bring to room temperature before serving.
Rate & review