Murgh Kali Mirch
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
This Murgh Kali Mirch recipe, or pepper chicken, is an Indian dish that is quick and easy to make.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 8 fresh or dried curry leaves (Waitrose stocks the dried variety)
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp Patak’s Madras Paste
- 450g chicken, cut into strips
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onions, chillies, curry leaves, green pepper and garlic until softened. Stir in the paste and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and fry for 10-15 minutes. (If the mixture looks a little dry, add a few tablespoons of water.) Season with salt and stir in the peppercorns.
- Serve the pepper chicken with steamed basmati rice.
Rate & review