Nachos with avocado salsa
- March 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in about 20 minutes
These cheesy nachos with beef ragù and avocado salsa make the best TV snack.
- 58.9g (18.9g saturated)
- 52.7g (6.9g sugar)
- 300g frozen rich beef ragù, defrosted
- 150g tortilla chips
- 60g mature Cheddar, grated
For the salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 small lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the ragù into a small pan and heat for 5 minutes or until piping hot.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on 2 heatproof plates or in 2 dishes. Spoon the hot ragù on top and sprinkle over the cheese. Grill for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, halve, stone and peel the avocado, then cube. Mix with the other salsa ingredients and season.
- Scatter the avocado salsa over the nachos and serve while hot with the lime wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with oxtail chilli
The rich, slow-cooked oxtail in this recipe gives the chilli a beautiful viscous texture, perfect...