Nachos with avocado salsa
- March 2007
- 300g frozen rich beef ragù, defrosted
- 150g tortilla chips
- 60g mature Cheddar, grated
For the salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 small lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the ragù into a small pan and heat for 5 minutes or until piping hot.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on 2 heatproof plates or in 2 dishes. Spoon the hot ragù on top and sprinkle over the cheese. Grill for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, halve, stone and peel the avocado, then cube. Mix with the other salsa ingredients and season.
- Scatter the avocado salsa over the nachos and serve while hot with the lime wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with oxtail chilli
The rich, slow-cooked oxtail in this recipe gives the chilli a beautiful viscous texture, perfect...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...