Nachos with avocado salsa
- March 2007
- 300g frozen rich beef ragù, defrosted
- 150g tortilla chips
- 60g mature Cheddar, grated
For the salsa
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 small lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the ragù into a small pan and heat for 5 minutes or until piping hot.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on 2 heatproof plates or in 2 dishes. Spoon the hot ragù on top and sprinkle over the cheese. Grill for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, halve, stone and peel the avocado, then cube. Mix with the other salsa ingredients and season.
- Scatter the avocado salsa over the nachos and serve while hot with the lime wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter