- September 2018
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 30 min
This sharing-style tray bake puts a pot of houmous to good – and surprising – use. Just layer all the ingredients up, top with halloumi and pop under the grill until crispy and golden.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.5g (8.3g saturated)
- 31g (3.5g sugars)
- 150g chopped pitted green olives
- 1 finely sliced red onion
- 250g chopped cherry tomatoes
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 200g bag tortilla chips
- 200g halloumi
- 200g pot of houmous
- Heat the grill to medium. In a bowl, combine the olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes, the finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon and a drizzle of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half the 200g bag tortilla chips in a baking tray or shallow baking dish. Spoon over half the tomato mixture, 100g of grated halloumi and half the pot of houmous.
- Top with the rest of the bag of tortilla chips, tomato mixture and the rest of the pot of houmous, then arrange 100g of sliced halloumi over the top. Grill for 8-10 minutes until the halloumi is golden, then serve
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with avocado salsa
These cheesy nachos with beef ragù and avocado salsa make the best TV snack.
Nachos with oxtail chilli
The rich, slow-cooked oxtail in this recipe gives the chilli a beautiful viscous texture, perfect...