One-pot chicken cacciatore
- April 2013
- Serves 2
- takes 10 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
This comforting one-pot chicken cacciatore recipe is so quick and easy to make but still full of flavour, especially if you make the day before to let the flavours develop.
- 4 skinless and boneless free-range chicken thigh fillets
- 680g jar passata with onion and garlic, or similar
- 290g jar Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients pitted kalamata olives in brine, drained, or similar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30ml red wine
- 200ml chicken stock (we like Knorr)
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, roughly chopped
- Fresh basil leaves, torn, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes, turning, until browned.
- Turn up the heat, then pour in the red wine and bubble for about 2 minutes until it has nearly all evaporated.
- Stir in the passata, stock, olives and anchovies. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and gently simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Garnish with the basil, then serve with crusty bread.
If you have time to make this in advance, the flavours will be even more delicious when reheated on the hob until bubbling
Rate & review