Orange and cranberry torte
- December 2008
- Serves 10-12
- Takes 20 min to make, 50 min - 1 hour to cook, plus cooling
This is a deliciously moist, gluten-free torte recipe, which you can make the day before to enjoy the full flavour of the spicy syrup.
Looking for something more traditional for Christmas Day? Try our gluten-free Christmas pudding recipe.
- 55g (6.7g saturated)
- 41.7g (38.4g sugar)
- Butter, for greasing
- 350g ground almonds
- 350g caster sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder (gluten-free if you need it to be)
- 8 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 400ml sunflower oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 200g dried cranberries, plus extra to decorate
- 3 cloves
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/fan160°c/gas 4. Grease and line a 23cm springform cake tin. In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, 300g of the caster sugar, 2 tsp of the cinnamon and the baking powder. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and sunflower oil, mixing together. Mix in the citrus zests and dried cranberries.
- Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour or until a fine skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the citrus juices in a pan with the remaining sugar, cloves and remaining cinnamon until the sugar dissolves, then increase the heat to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and pierce a few times with a skewer. Drizzle over the citrus syrup and leave for 1 hour to soak in. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and decorate with extra dried cranberries. Serve with pouring cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead summer dessert recipes
Ricotta torte with nectarines, honey and walnut drizzle
This summery nectarine dessert recipe tastes works with peaches or apricots just as well. You...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...