Pancetta-wrapped tomato, courgette and Emmental tart
- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 40 mins, 50 mins cooking time, plus cooling
Impress friends with this colourful pancetta-wrapped tomato, courgette and Emmental tart recipe. A perfect summer lunchtime treat.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 18 slices of pancetta
- 500g medium new potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 80g Emmental cheese
- 2 small courgettes
- Fresh thyme, to taste
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, to taste
- Fresh chives, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan160°C/gas 4. Line the base and sides of an 18cm round x 4cm deep loose-bottomed tin with baking paper, then oil. Arrange 18 pancetta slices in the base and up the sides of the tin, overlapping slightly.
- Boil 500g medium new potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Arrange the potatoes in the base of the tin overlapping slightly. Press down well.
- Beat 4 large eggs with 4 tbsp double cream and season. Ladle a third of the egg mixture over the potatoes and scatter with 40g grated Emmental cheese and some chopped fresh thyme leaves, flatleaf parsley and chives.
- Arrange 1 small courgette, sliced, on top and repeat with another third of the egg mix, 40g more Emmental and some more chopped fresh herbs.
- Arrange 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced, and 1 more courgette, sliced, on top. Ladle over the remaining egg mix and scatter with 40g more Emmental and more chopped fresh herbs.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until just set – cover with foil if browning too much. Cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold, scattered with fresh thyme.
Rate & review