Paprika butter chicken with chickpea couscous
- December 2004
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 40g butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 200g couscous
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Large handful chopped fresh coriander or flatleaf parsley, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into strips, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Sit the chicken in an ovenproof dish. Season. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the honey, paprika and half the lemon juice. Season. Pour all over the chicken. Bake for 25 minutes, basting with the sauce halfway through cooking, until the chicken is cooked through, golden and sticky.
- Meanwhile, make the couscous. Put the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir in the remaining lemon juice, olive oil, chickpeas and coriander or parsley. Season to taste.
- Divide the couscous between 4 warm plates, then put the chicken on top and pour over the sauce. Garnish with a sprig of coriander or flatleaf parsley and some chilli, if using. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Rate & review