Chermoula chicken and nutty couscous
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook, plus marinating
Looking for a way to marinade chicken? This North African-style dish is a beautifully spicy way to serve chicken, with lemon, honey and garlic.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 23.2g (4.3g saturated)
- 33.3g (6.1g sugars)
- 8 chicken thighs with skin, slashed with a knife
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 200g couscous
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 25g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Marinate the chicken thighs with skin in a bowl with garlic cloves, crushed, olive oil, honey, the zest of 1 lemon, ground cumin, hot paprika and chilli powder. Season and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Put the chicken and marinade in a shallow roasting tin and roast for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix couscous with the zest of 1 lemon and the extra-virgin olive oil and pour over hot chicken stock. Cover and leave for 10 minutes, then fork through parsley, the juice of ½ lemon and 25g toasted hazelnuts chopped. Serve with the chicken.
Cooking with spices such as chermoula adds loads of flavour so you can cut back on the salt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chermoula lamb leg steaks with minted cucumber yogurt
Homemade chermoula, made with saffron, lemon, coriander and garlic, is the perfect accompaniment to barbecued...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...