Chermoula chicken and nutty couscous
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook, plus marinating
Looking for a way to marinade chicken? This North African-style dish is a beautifully spicy way to serve chicken, with lemon, honey and garlic.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 23.2g (4.3g saturated)
- 33.3g (6.1g sugars)
- 8 chicken thighs with skin, slashed with a knife
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 200g couscous
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 25g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Marinate the chicken thighs with skin in a bowl with garlic cloves, crushed, olive oil, honey, the zest of 1 lemon, ground cumin, hot paprika and chilli powder. Season and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Put the chicken and marinade in a shallow roasting tin and roast for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix couscous with the zest of 1 lemon and the extra-virgin olive oil and pour over hot chicken stock. Cover and leave for 10 minutes, then fork through parsley, the juice of ½ lemon and 25g toasted hazelnuts chopped. Serve with the chicken.
Cooking with spices such as chermoula adds loads of flavour so you can cut back on the salt.
Rate & review