Paprika pork with chickpeas and spinach
- September 2004
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
Melt-in-the-mouth paprika pork is a great mid-weak dish especially when plumped up with chickpeas and spinach.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 29.1g (4.8g saturated)
- 23g (8.6g sugars)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lean pork shoulder steaks (600g in total), each cut into 8 pieces
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet smoked paprika or paprika
- 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 225g baby spinach leaves
- 250ml soya cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat until pale golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the pork in batches for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden. Mix in the tomatoes, paprika, onion, garlic and season. Simmer for 2 minutes. Cover and cook in the oven for 35 minutes until tender.
- Add the chickpeas, baby spinach and soya cream and stir. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review