Pasta and cheese salad
- September 2005
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus cooling
A simple pasta and cheese salad dish that’s great to make with the kids.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 200g penne pasta
- a third of a cucumber
- 100g cheese (try Cheddar, goat’s cheese or mozzarella)
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- Fill a large pan with water, cover and bring the water to a rolling boil (you’ll hear the lid rattling, and when you take off the lid you’ll see lots of big bubbles rising in the pan). Add the pasta, keep the heat high (don’t cover with a lid) and cook according to the pack instructions, or until the pasta is tender. Put a colander in the sink and ask an adult to drain the pasta. Tip it into a large bowl and leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber in half, lengthways. Put flat-side down on a board and chop into slices.
- Slice the cheese and add to the pasta with the cucumber. Season with a tiny pinch of salt and some pepper. Add the French dressing and stir everything together. Eat straightaway or put into a sealable box and chill.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pasta deli salad
A quick and easy pasta recipe made with fresh spinach, ricotta tortelloni, mixed sliced peppers...