Pasta with anchovies and capers
- February 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
This midweek pasta supper packs a real flavour punch with the anchovies and capers, and it’s on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Fancy something else? We’ve got lots more 15 minute meals for you to try.
- 15.9g (2.9g saturated)
- 94g (4.3g sugars)
- 400g pasta (we used spaghetti)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 12 anchovy fillets in olive oil, patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tbsp capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Good grating of parmesan
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of well salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the breadcrumbs. Toast, shaking the pan often, for 2-3 minutes until they’re a light golden colour. Season and transfer to a small plate. While they’re cooking, slice the anchovies finely and crush the garlic.
- Wipe out the pan using kitchen paper, then heat the remaining oil. Add the anchovies, garlic and capers and cook for a couple of minutes until the garlic starts to give off a mellow aroma, then stir through the lemon zest and juice. Drain the pasta, reserving 50ml cooking water, then add the pasta and remaining water to the anchovy mix in the pan.
- Toss everything together to coat thoroughly, season generously with black pepper (and salt if needed), then divide among bowls. Toss the toasted breadcrumbs with the parmesan, then sprinkle over to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...