Spaghetti with chunky tapenade
- October 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
This storecupboard pasta recipe combines the robust flavours of anchovies, capers and black olives with spaghetti for a speedy midweek meal.
Or, for a creamier recipe, try our tapenade pappardelle made with ricotta.
- 16.3g fat (2.4g saturated)
- 11.8g protein
- 62.2g carbs (3g sugars)
- 4.6g fibre
- 0.9g salt
- 350g spaghetti
- 100g pitted black olives
- 4 anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers in brine
- 20g fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the tapenade. Drain the olives, anchovies and capers, then chop them with the parsley and put in a mixing bowl. Crush the garlic into the bowl and grate in the zest of the lemon. Stir in the chilli flakes, juice of ½§ lemon and the olive oil. Don’t season at this stage as the olives, anchovies and capers are already quite salty.
- Drain the spaghetti when it’s ready, keeping back a ladleful of the pasta water, then return to the pan. Add the tapenade and toss, adding a splash of the reserved cooking water if the pasta looks a little dry. Taste, season if needed, then serve.
For a variation, toss cherry tomatoes and pine nuts through the pasta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
May seasonal recipes
Easy wholewheat spaghetti with rocket and goat’s cheese pesto
When it comes to pesto, the possibilities are endless – swap the classic recipe for...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...