Spaghetti with artichoke sauce
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
A quick and easy midweek vegetarian dinner consisting of spaghetti coated in a garlicky artichoke sauce. You can use marinated, chargrilled, or canned artichokes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25.1g (5.2g saturated)
- 74.5g (3.3g sugars)
- 280g marinated, chargrilled, or canned artichokes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- Small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped, some set aside to garnish
- 20g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 400g spaghetti
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the spaghetti, into a small food processor with 2 tbsp water, then whizz to a fine paste. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper, then pulse to mix in.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add the sauce to the pasta with a splash of cooking water and mix well. Serve scattered with the reserved parsley, extra cheese and a final drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This quick and easy cheat’s pesto simply combines regular basil pesto with the subtle flavour...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...