Spaghetti with artichoke sauce
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
A quick and easy midweek vegetarian dinner consisting of spaghetti coated in a garlicky artichoke sauce. You can use marinated, chargrilled, or canned artichokes.
- 25.1g (5.2g saturated)
- 74.5g (3.3g sugars)
- 280g marinated, chargrilled, or canned artichokes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- Small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped, some set aside to garnish
- 20g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 400g spaghetti
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the spaghetti, into a small food processor with 2 tbsp water, then whizz to a fine paste. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper, then pulse to mix in.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add the sauce to the pasta with a splash of cooking water and mix well. Serve scattered with the reserved parsley, extra cheese and a final drizzle of olive oil.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter