Green bean and olive tapenade pasta
- July 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
We used anchovies to give more depth to this simple, quick midweek meal of spaghetti, olives and green beans.
- 16.3g (2.4g saturated)
- 63.8g (4g sugars)
- 350g spaghetti
- 200g green beans
- 150g pitted black olives
- 40g anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the spaghetti and cook for 12-13 minutes or according to the packet instructions until al dente. Trim the green beans and add to the pan for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Drain, then return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor or with a pestle and mortar, whizz/grind 100g of the olives with the anchovies and garlic. Drizzle in the olive oil and add half the parsley, then whizz/stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta and green beans, along with the remaining olives and parsley leaves. Season generously with salt and pepper, then divide among 4 plates and serve straightaway
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Trofie pasta with green beans and new potatoes
This pasta recipe uses trofie pasta, which, like basil pesto, comes from Liguria. It’s available...