Pasta with crispy bacon, courgette and herbs
- April 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This colourful herby pasta with crispy bacon recipe combines ricotta cheese, pistachios, courgette ribbons and bacon for a creamy, summer pasta dish.
Or, try this summery penne recipe with courgettes, herbs and parmesan.
- 25.1g (10.9g saturated)
- 65.6g (4.1g sugars)
- 350g dried tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g outdoor-reared smoked bacon, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced into ribbons using a Y-shaped peeler
- 200ml single cream
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 130g ricotta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh red or purple basil leaves, torn (see Know-how)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 30g salted roasted shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until cooked but still a little firm to the bite (al dente).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the bacon until crisp. Add the courgette and fry for another minute. Add the cream and stock and bring just to a simmer – don’t boil
- Drain the pasta and add to the cream in the pan along with 100g of the ricotta, most of the herbs and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the tagliatelle gently to coat, dot the remaining ricotta on top, then sprinkle over the remaining herbs and the chopped pistachios to serve.
Purple basil has a stronger, spicier flavour than regular basil. It’s available from larger supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, use regular basil.
Rate & review