Pea, chorizo and Pecorino pasta
- June 2009
- 400g pasta shapes, such as large shells (from major supermarkets)
- Glug of olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 75-100g sliced chorizo, cut into strips
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of lemon juice
- 75ml crème fraîche
- 50g Pecorino shavings
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, then drain and toss with a little of the cooking water and the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the shallots for 5 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Add the chorizo, cook until crisp, then mix into the pasta. Blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water, then add to the pasta with the lemon zest and juice and crème fraîche. Mix well and serve, sprinkled with the Pecorino.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...