Prawn and pea pasta with lemon crème fraîche
- July 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
A quick and easy pasta recipe served with prawns, peas and lemon crème fraîche.
- 15.4g (6.3g saturated)
- 66.4g (2.8g sugars)
- 350g pasta (we used fusilli)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g frozen sustainably sourced raw king prawns, thoroughly defrosted
- 2 garlic cloves
- Couple handfuls frozen peas, defrosted
- 5 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
- Juice and grated zest ½ lemon, plus extra to serve
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and, when hot, add the prawns and season with salt. Fry, tossing, until the prawns are just pink. Crush the garlic, add to the pan with the peas, then warm through. Stir through the crème fraîche, lemon juice and zest, then bring to a gentle simmer. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- When the pasta is just al dente, drain, reserving a ladleful of the cooking water, then add the pasta and the cooking water to the pan with the prawns. Combine everything for a couple of minutes over a low heat until the crème fraîche coats the pasta. Stir in the basil leaves, taste again, season if necessary, then serve sprinkled with extra lemon zest.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
One-pot garlic, sun-dried tomato and pecorino pasta
This quick one-pan recipe will change the way you eat pasta. As garlic, chilli, tomatoes...
Chilli prawn tagliatelle
Fresh pasta makes this a super quick prawn recipe for two – ready in just...