Peanut butter cup chocolate fondants
- Jaunary 2015
- Makes 6 x 150ml puddings
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 10 min
We’ve taken one of our favourite sweet treats – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – and encased them in a rich, gooey chocolate fondant.
- 32.9g (17.9g saturated)
- 51.7g (45.6g sugars)
- 125g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 10g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 300g dark chocolate (minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- 6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, to serve
You’ll also need
- 6 x 150ml metal pudding moulds or ramekins
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 with a baking sheet inside. Stand 3 pudding moulds on a sheet of baking paper folded in half, then draw around the bases and cut out 6 discs. Grease the moulds, put a disc at the bottom of each, then grease again and dust lightly with the cocoa.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t let the water touch the bowl). Slowly melt the chocolate, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat the butter and sugar until pale, then gradually beat in the eggs. Add a pinch of salt, the vanilla and flour, then stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in the melted chocolate to give a smooth batter.
- Pour 120g of the batter into each mould, then push 1 peanut butter cup into the centre, covering it over with the fondant mix using the back of a teaspoon. Put the moulds onto the heated baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. As soon as they are cooked, turn out the puddings onto individual plates, dust with a little more cocoa powder and serve with a big spoonful of ice cream or crème fraîche.
If peanut butter isn’t your thing, try After Eight mints or chocolate truffles (any flavour).
Make 3 days ahead and chill unbaked, wrapped in cling film. Cook from chilled for 12 minutes. Freeze unbaked and cook from frozen for 18 minutes.
Rate & review