Roast pepper, anchovy and ricotta pizza
- June 2019
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, cooking time 30-35 min
Ready-made frozen pizza dough is a life-saver when you’re short on time midweek. Roll them out and top with creamy ricotta, salty anchovies and tangy capers in this easy pizza recipe.
Don’t fancy the toppings on this one? Simply swap them out for ingredients you have at home or check out all our pizza recipes.
- 9.9g (4.4g saturated)
- 35.5g (4.7g sugars)
- 3 thickly sliced mixed sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 x 220g defrosted pizza dough balls (we like Northern Dough Co, from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Ocado, Booths and Wholefoods), or see our basic pizza dough recipe
- 250g ricotta
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2-3 tbsp capers
- 25g parmesan
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Toss the peppers in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 240°C/220°C/gas 9. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the defrosted pizza dough balls into a rectangle about 0.5cm thick. Transfer each to a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the roasted pepper slices between the bases, spoon over the ricotta and top with the anchovy fillets and capers. Grate over the parmesan, then bake the pizzas for 10-14 minutes, turning them round in the oven halfway through, until golden and crisp. Drizzle with a little light olive oil and scatter with fresh basil to serve.
Cool the cooked peppers and keep chilled in an airtight container up to 5 days ahead
Rate & review