Margherita pizza with chorizo
- August 2019
- Makes enough for 3 pizzas
- Hands-on time 15-20 min, simmering time 1 hour, oven time 18-24 min
We’ve topped this margherita pizza with a rich tomato and chorizo ragù for extra fiery flavour. Prefer the meatless version? Try our ultimate margherita pizza recipe
- 39.9g (17.4g saturated)
- 83g (6g sugars)
- 3 x pizza dough bases (see basic pizza dough recipe)
- 100g chorizo, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 30g pitted black olives, halved
- 250g buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- For the tomato ragù
- 500g ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼-½ tsp sugar
- For the tomato ragù, put all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for about 1 hour or until thickened and reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to its highest setting with either a pizza stone or a heavy baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Transfer a prepared pizza base, still on its baking paper, to a baking sheet, then top it with a third of the ragù, spreading it to within 2cm of the edges. Add a third of the chorizo, capers, olives and mozzarella.
- Using the baking paper to help you, slide the pizza onto the hot stone/baking sheet. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the dough is puffed at the edges and golden. Remove the pizza, leaving the stone/sheet to heat up for the next one.
- Transfer the pizza to a board, top with basil and slice. Repeat with the other 2 dough bases and toppings.
Make the tomato ragù up to 2 days ahead, then cover and keep chilled.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...