Quick coconut rice pudding
- September 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min
This easy coconut rice pudding, made with ready-cooked rice, is a quick dinner party dessert recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes.
- 39.5g (24.5g saturated)
- 30.7g (7g sugars)
- 160ml tin coconut cream (see tips and know-how)
- 300ml double cream (see tips)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 packs ready-cooked Tilda coconut basmati rice (from Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado; see tips)
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced
- Handful shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat the coconut cream and double cream with the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then bubble for 3-4 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Stir through the coconut rice and cook for 4-5 minutes until the rice is creamy and the sauce is thick. Divide among bowls, then serve topped with slices of mango and chopped pistachios.
Coconut cream is similar to coconut milk but is thicker and contains less water.
You could use plain basmati rice and 460ml double cream instead of a mixture of cream and coconut cream. Use 1 tsp vanilla extract instead of the spices and serve with a blob of raspberry jam for a nod to childhood puddings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Granny Brett’s warm vanilla rice pudding with golden syrup
Roy Brett’s creamy vanilla rice pudding is inspired by the version his Granny used to...