Pork and apple burgers with blue cheese
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 mins
These pork and apple burgers with blue cheese are a great way to shake up your beef burger routine.
- 30.9g (14.1g saturated)
- 45.5g (5.7g sugar)
- 450g lean pork mince
- 1 red dessert apple, unpeeled
- 1 tsp paprika
- Oil, for brushing
- 4 sesame burger buns, halved
- Bag mixed salad leaves
- 150g wedge blue cheese, sliced into 4
- Tip the mince into a large bowl. Core and finely dice the apple, then add to the pork along with the paprika. Season, then mix well with your hands. Shape into 4 round burgers, flattening them slightly.
- Brush a griddle or frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. Add the burgers and cook for about 12 minutes, turning halfway, until browned and cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Brush the cut side of each bun with oil, then griddle each cut side for a few minutes until toasted.
- Put some salad leaves on 4 bun bases. Top with a burger, then a slice of cheese. Sandwich together with the bun tops. Serve with coleslaw and oven chips.
Rate & review