Pork and apple burgers with warm beetroot salad
- February 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook
A quick midweek dinner of pork and apple burgers with warming wintry flavours.
- 29.5g fat (10.1g saturated)
- 26.2g protein
- 13.3g carbs (12.1g sugars)
- 0.4g salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large beetroot, peeled and cut into smallish chunks
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500g pork mince
- 2 eating apples, 1 peeled and grated, 1 cored and cut into smallish chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Good pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- Handful of rocket leaves or lamb’s lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Drizzle half the oil into a roasting tin and tumble in the beetroot. Toss with the cumin seeds and balsamic vinegar, season, then roast for 30-45 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile mix the pork mince with the grated apple, garlic and chilli flakes, season well, then shape into 4 burgers. Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the burgers for 2-3 minutes on both sides, then pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes to cook through.
- Spoon the beetroot into a bowl and mix with the diced apple, celery, crème fraîche and lemon juice. Serve with the burgers and a handful of rocket or lamb’s lettuce.
This would also be tasty with a slice of Gruyère melted over the burger.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork burgers with sweet potato wedges
This is really simple, hearty food for when you want minimum effort and maximum taste....
Thai pork burgers
We’ve spiced up these pork patties with curry paste and coriander to make this Thai-inspired...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...