Pork and chorizo kebabs
- June 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 10-12 minutes on the barbecue, plus soaking
Pork and chorizo kebabs make a fabulous flavour fest on the barbecue. Serve with couscous, grilled tomatoes and rocket.
- 26.5g (3.8g saturated)
- 7.2g (0.4g sugars)
- 2 pork tenderloins, each about 350-450g
- 2 thick slices Granary bread
- 200g thin piece chorizo, cut into 24 slices
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak 6 in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the pork of any excess fat, then cut into bite-size cubes, giving 24 pieces in all. Cut the bread into 24 cubes, slightly smaller than the pork. Thread 4 pork pieces, 4 bread pieces and 4 chorizo slices alternately onto each soaked skewer.
- Mix the olive oil with the paprika, sage and some seasoning, and brush over the skewers, making sure you soak the bread well.
- Brush the cooking grate with a little oil. Barbecue the skewers directly over a medium heat source for 10-12 minutes – turning halfway and brushing with any remaining paprika oil – until cooked through.
Serve with couscous, grilled tomatoes and rocket.
Rate & review