Pork and pepper goulash
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 min
It’s easy to turn this into a veggie recipe. Just omit the pork and add cubed courgettes and halved mushrooms in step 2.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 366 kcals
- 18.5g (3.3g saturated)
- 9.7g (4.1g sugar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- 700g pork chops, cut into pieces
- 400g can tomatoes
- 300g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Soured cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the paprika and caraway, if using, and stir for 1 minute.
- Brown the pork in the pan for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the pork is tender and cooked. Season well and stir through the parsley. Serve with a dollop of soured cream, if you like, and some mashed potato.
It’s easy to turn this into a veggie recipe. Just add cubed courgettes and halved mushrooms in step 2. Continue to follow the rest of the method in exactly the same way and serve with the mash and soured cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...