Pork sausage meatballs
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
Never tried using sausages to make meatballs? It’s so easy to do – just a squeeze. And when this cheap, comforting meatball recipe is on the menu, everyone’s happy. A great midweek meal for all the family.
- 30g (9.1g saturated)
- 18.5g (6.4g sugars)
- 6 good quality sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin white beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Carefully squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins, then form into 12 meatballs. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs until golden all over, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion for 10 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the chopped tomatoes and white beans, then return the meatballs to the pan.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked (add a splash of water if you think it’s getting too thick). Scatter with the parsley, then serve with steamed rice.
Freeze with out the parsley.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frikadeller (Scandinavian meatballs) with rich gravy
Frikadeller are juicy meatballs, served in a rich gravy. This Scandinavian recipe goes well wit...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...