Pork sausage meatballs
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
Never tried using sausages to make meatballs? It’s so easy to do – just a squeeze. And when this cheap, comforting meatball recipe is on the menu, everyone’s happy. A great midweek meal for all the family.
- 30g (9.1g saturated)
- 18.5g (6.4g sugars)
- 6 good quality sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin white beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Carefully squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins, then form into 12 meatballs. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs until golden all over, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion for 10 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the chopped tomatoes and white beans, then return the meatballs to the pan.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked (add a splash of water if you think it’s getting too thick). Scatter with the parsley, then serve with steamed rice.
Freeze with out the parsley.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Frikadeller (Scandinavian meatballs) with rich gravy
Frikadeller are juicy meatballs, served in a rich gravy. This...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter