Sauerkraut, tomato and salami pizza
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 minutes
We’ve given the classic Italian pizza recipe a German makeover with the addition of sauerkraut.
- 150g pack dried pizza base mix, or make your own with our basic pizza dough recipe
- ½ onion, sliced thinly into rings
- 200g sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices salami, halved
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g Emmental cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh small basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Make the pizza base according to pack instructions. Roll out the dough to a rectangle about 30 x 20cm. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- Layer the onion and sauerkraut over the pizza base. Add the salami and cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with the Emmental. Sprinkle over the oregano and season with black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with the basil leaves. Cut into slices and serve with a dressed green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
A delicious French take on pizza, topped with caramelised onions, anchovies and olives.