Pork, apple, sweet potato and stilton tray roast
- January 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 35 min
For an easy-to-prepare meal which doesn’t compromise on flavour, try this simple pork tray roast recipe with apple, sweet potato and oozy stilton.
Or, try pork in a casserole with this warming pork and root veg casserole recipe.
- 21.9g (9.9g saturated)
- 49.5g (21.1g sugars)
- 700g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and thickly sliced
- 700g cauliflower, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fat garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 British free-range pork chops
- 1 small red eating apple, cored and quartered
- 150g stilton or similar blue cheese
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes and cauliflower in a roasting tin, drizzle with half the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Pound the garlic, rosemary, caraway seeds, maple syrup and the remaining oil to a paste in a pestle and mortar. Rub the pork chops with the paste, then put in the roasting tin on top of the veg. Add the apple, then roast for 20 minutes more or until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender (the pork is cooked when the juices run clear when it’s pierced in the thickest part with a skewer).
- Crumble over the stilton, then return the tin to the oven for 5 minutes more until melted.
If you like, brown the pork fat/rind in a frying pan over a high heat for 3-4 minutes before adding the chops to the tray.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork and root vegetable casserole with fennel and mustard dumplings
Pork is slow-cooked until succulent with cider, apples and root vegetables to make a rich,...