- April 2011
- 300g fresh crabmeat, a mix of 200g white and 100g brown is best (see our how-to video below)
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tsp hot creamed horseradish
- 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 tsp dried pink peppercorns
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Toasted sourdough bread to serve
- Mix the crabmeat, crème fraîche, horseradish, spring onions, cayenne and half the melted butter.
- Spoon into 6 x 120ml ramekins, then pour over a thin layer of melted butter. Press a few pink peppercorns into the top of each.
- Wrap the pots individually in baking paper, then cling film, then freeze for up to 1 month. (Or chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.)
- Thaw in the fridge overnight until defrosted. Serve with lemon wedges and toasted sourdough.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter