Prawn pad Thai
- October 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
You can make this prawn pad Thai recipe veggie by using sliced firm tofu, fried until golden, in place of the prawns.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 120g pad Thai sauce
- 200g raw peeled king prawns
- 200g Sharwood’s Ready to Wok Thai Noodles
- 75g unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- Lime wedges to serve
- Fish sauce to serve (optional)
- Place a wok over a very high heat. When hot, heat half the groundnut oil, then add the beaten egg and stir until scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside. Heat the remaining oil and cook the shallot and garlic, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in the pad Thai sauce and the prawns, then cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the noodles and 50g of the peanuts, along with most of the sliced spring onion and the beansprouts, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Finally, add the scrambled egg and toss to combine. Serve the pad Thai in bowls, topped with the remaining peanuts and spring onion, with lime wedges. Add a splash of fish sauce, if you wish.
Rate & review