- January 2006
- Makes 30 poppadoms
- Ready in 35 minutes
These zingy spiced prawn poppadoms are no-cook and easy to put together making them an ideal canapé.
- 1.5g (0.3g saturated)
- 0.8g (0.7g sugar)
- 300g fresh cooked and peeled medium prawns
- 1 tbsp mild tandoori curry paste
- 5 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 100g bag mini poppadoms
- Mango chutney, to serve
- Drain the prawns of any liquid, then pat dry with plenty of kitchen paper. In a bowl, mix the curry paste, yogurt, lime zest and coriander, then season to taste. Stir in the prawns to evenly coat in the mixture and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Take about 30 whole poppadoms from the bag. Divide a small amount of the spiced prawns between each, then transfer to serving plates. Top each with a small blob of mango chutney and a fresh coriander leaf. Garnish each plate with lime wedges, if you like.
You can marinate the prawns overnight, then bring them back to room temperature before serving. Once made, the poppadoms will stay crisp for up to 20 minutes, so make and serve in 2 batches.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asian-style prawns with spiced herb relish
Serve this Asian-style prawn recipe at your next dinner party as an everyone-dig-in starter –...